Sunday, November 22, 2015

It's all happening!!

After six weeks on thyroxine, it was time to see if my hypothyroidism was resolved enough to start IVF.
I called about my blood tests. They couldn’t find my results – I had to chase them up with the pathology – they wouldn’t cooperate – end result = me in tears on the line to a number of difficult women.
After calling every moment I had a break at work, I finally got through to them again after work. The nurse said that not only was my thyroid great, but that I could start the IVF process that day! I was in shock & amazement – I think I had been waiting for another disappointment. Even if it was cleared – I was starting IVF at least two months earlier than planned.
So the last two weeks have gone so quickly & I can hardly believe I will start injections on Friday.
I took Provera for a week (to raise my progesterone). The first few days I had a terrible headache, was dizzy and nauseous but that seemed to even out quickly.
I then started Synarel nose spray (to prevent me from ovulating). Yuck! Not fun, at all. Tastes gross but I haven’t had too many symptoms. I still feel tired and headachy. I’m trying to give up coffee at the same time, which can’t be helping! So stick with me, and I will try to write more regularly about the upcoming weeks. Lots of prayers & hope hope hope! 

No comments:

Post a Comment