Saturday, February 27, 2016

The first weeks

So, that leaves me here. 5 1/2 weeks in. I told everyone who knew I'd been doing IVF - as they were wondering and asking. And I really feel like, for those who have been there with me through it all, this is their success and joy too. After 3 1/2 years of tests and needles and procedures and appointments, pain and disappointment, here we are. I know it's early days, but I am completely optimistic that the next 7 weeks will fly by without incident, as will the next 8 months.
I've been sick - just waves of nausea off and on (mostly on) and am a new level of tired I didn't think existed. I seriously think I could sleep 20 hours a day and still be ready for a nap!
My first symptoms were stabbing pains in my boobs and nausea. And weird cravings for salt and vinegar chips and vegemite! The problem is that many of the IVF symptoms are the same as early pregnancy symptoms. And I purposely didn't take a home preg test - because the progesterone can mess with the result. So those two weeks were tough - and hearing the result incredibly emotional.
I still can't believe it and thank God every time I feel like vomiting on my students in class.
Part of me had had to resolve myself to the fact that it might never happen.
This is a miracle.
But I will never forget the struggle.

No comments:

Post a Comment